1. A reservation deposit of 50% will be required at the time of booking. Once your deposit has been authorized, your confirmation letter and invoice showing your reference number will be forwarded. The balance of your invoice is due 7 days before arrival.
2. A security deposit of one thousand dollars ($ 1000) is required upon arrival. An inspection will be made before your arrival and after your departure. Where the inspection confirms the property is in the same condition as at the arrival, the deposit will be returned to the renter within five (5) business days from the date the renter departs the property.
3. In the event of a cancelled reservation, the renter is subject to the following fees:
• The renter will be entitled to a reimbursement of fifty percent (50 %) for any cancellation that takes place thirty (30) to fifteen (15) days days prior to arrival.
• The renter will not be entitled to a reimbursement for any cancellation that takes place fourteen (14) to one (1) days prior to their arrival.
• In the event of a ‘no show’, the guest will forfeit any deposit paid.
4. All damage or missing items belonging to the property exceeding the value of your deposit will be charged additionally to the deposit.
5. The renter must notify the owners immediately where the renter becomes aware of a defect or equipment breakdown on the property.
6. The renter shall not attempt to make any repair without permission from the homeowner.
7. Please note that this is a non-smoking property. Any damage to the property due to smoking indoors/outdoors will be at the renter’s cost.
8. The renter shall not exceed the maximum allowable number of occupants of nineteen (19) persons (children included).
9. Do not throw anything into washbasins, sinks, toilets and showers that could obstruct the pipes, otherwise the expenses incurred for the return to service will be fully charged to the renter.
10. Please keep in mind this house uses a septic tank. DO NOT FLUSH anything in the toilet except the supplied toilet paper. Do not leave the water running if its not needed as the house uses a well for its water supply and can be overwhelmed and cease from functioning.
11. Outdoor fires are only permitted at the designated areas that will be identified by the owner upon your arrival. Renters must follow all by-laws pertaining to outdoor fires.
12. Do not leave the outside fire to burn without supervision. All fires must be fully extinguished by water prior to leaving the camp site.
13. Do not make use of fireworks.
14. Motor Bikes, ATVs are strictly prohibited.
15. Do NOT leave food or drinks, lying around in order to avoid unwanted insects/bugs or other animals. This is a chalet so there might be some bugs in/around the home.
16. The renter may not oppose an impromptu visit from the owner and/or their mandated representative during their stay.
17. The home is privately owned and the owner expects the renter to maintain their property in a clean and presentable state throughout their stay. Before departure all garbage must be placed in large garbage bags and deposited in the garbage bin located outside. FAILURE TO LEAVE THE HOME IN A CLEAN PRESENTABLE STATE AFTER YOUR STAY WILL RESULT IN AN ADDITIONAL CLEANING FEE OF $100.
18. Children’s safety is the entire responsibility of the parents and or guardians.
19. No responsibility can be accepted by the property owners for any event resulting in death, injury, loss of personal effects, or damage whatsoever to the renter or residing occupants.
20. In case of an uncontrollable situation (power failure, water shortage, phone interruption, bug/insect presence), no refund will be processed.
21. During the winter season there might be snow removal service and in the summer seasons grass cutting may take place during your stay. These services will be carried out during normal working hours and there will be no credit for any inconvenience this may cause as they constitute necessary maintenance to the safety of the property.
22. Renters will be supplied with the following supplies during their stay: Towels, bed sheets/duvets, pillows, toilet paper, paper towels, garbage plastic bags and hand soap are supplied. Note, that shampoo and body wash are not supplied.
25. Any attempt to stay beyond the designated check-out time will result in an additional charge equivalent to one (1) nights stay.
26. Early check in or late check out might be available upon request.
Renter …………………………………………………. (printed name) acknowledges that they have had enough time (……………………………date for signing the contract) to read, understand the CONTRACT and related TERMS AND CONDITIONS. By initialing this TERMS AND CONDITIONS which is an inclusive part of the signed contract between …………………………………….. (print name renter) and Moose & Goose Lodge, renter fully understands and agrees with all the conditions set forth by the present contract and terms and conditions.